Fred Olsen Offers an 80 Day World Cruise from Southampton – View Itinerary
150 years after Jules Verne’s timeless novel, you can now sail in the footsteps of Phileas Fogg on your own nautical adventure.
The Borealis will depart from Southampton on an epic journey to some of the world’s greatest wonders.
Here’s what you can expect if you embark on the amazing world cruise and how you can book a trip you’ll never forget.
Introducing a journey of true adventure…
150 years after the famous book ‘Around the World in 80 Days’ was published, find many of the same places Fogg and his companion Passepartout traveled on this epic cruise.https://t.co/Jquv4ThKKV#Cruise #WorldCruise pic.twitter.com/sHrWj3CHDc
– Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines (@FredOlsenCruise) March 4, 2021
Cruise around the world in 80 days Fred Olsen
Unlike the beloved fictional explorer who had to rush from place to place to complete the challenge, you’ll have plenty of time to relax on board.
You can also take in the sensational sights as you disembark at each exciting destination.
The cruise will include many of the places Fogg and Passepartout venture as you circumnavigate the globe, including parts of Africa, Asia and the Americas.
READ MORE: 10 Bucket List Experiences for 2022 According to TripAdvisor Reviews
READ MORE: Tripadvisor Reveals Top Destinations for 2022 – See Full List of Winners
Fred Olsen Around the World Cruise Itinerary
Leaving Southampton, you’ll embark on to Lisbon, Brindisi and the must-see destination of Egypt.
You can visit Port Said and Safaga with your trip coinciding with the 100th anniversary of Tutankhamun’s discovery.
There will also be exciting visits to Cairo, the Pyramids of Giza and transit along the Suez Canal.
After that, you’ll spend three days in India where you can explore the delights of Goa and Kochi, marvel at the wonders of Mumbai, or even tick the must-see Taj Mahal off your bucket list.
Of course, the amazing journey won’t end there as this cruise is your chance to see Singapore, Shanghai, Osaka and Tokyo like you’ve never seen them before.
Once you’ve completed the Asian leg, you’ll venture across the Pacific Ocean to discover dreamy Honolulu to see the Kilauea Volcano and appreciate the island’s beautiful cultural traditions.
You’ll then travel along the west coast with stops at popular tourist spots such as San Francisco and San Diego before continuing to the Caribbean.
On your way, you’ll see other unforgettable spots from Acapulco to Costa Rica before stopping at the historic pirate port of Tortola.
Once you’ve seen the scenic Azores on your way back, you’ll be driven back to Southampton hoping to do it all over again!
What’s included in the Fred Olsen 80 Day World Cruise?
In addition to all the amazing places you’ll visit in just 80 days, you’ll enjoy the following features while you’re on board.
- Comfortable and stylish cabins and suites equipped with Smart TV, hairdryer, tea/coffee making facilities, fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and more
- Unlimited self-service tea and coffee available 24 hours a day at select locations, complimentary afternoon tea with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- Full evening entertainment program including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of onboard leisure facilities including swimming pools, hot tubs and gym
- A wide choice of engaging activities and lectures on board throughout the day
- All UK port charges (where recoverable in advance)
- Baggage transport between your cabin and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
For more information on what the Fred Olsen 80 Day World Cruise will be like, visit the Fred Olsen Cruise Lines website.
cruise ship on the sea. 1 credit” alt=”Denbighshire Free Press: A cruise ship on the sea. 1 credit” class=”editor-image”/>
How to book the Fred Olsen World Cruise 2023
If you want to see the world without sacrificing comfort, this unique trip is the kind of adventure you might be looking for.
The cruise departs Saturday February 23, 2023 for 79 nights from the Port of Southampton.
Freedom fares start from £12,799 per person and this includes a free onboard spend of up to £500.
If you want to learn more or want to book your own cruise, visit the Fred Olsen Cruise Lines website.