Buddhist Train Tour: An experiential journey through the legacy of Lord Buddha
Buddhist circuit train: Peace, serenity, tranquility, are often associated with Buddhism. Spirituality and Buddhism go hand in hand as this practice is not only widely practiced, but also among the oldest in the world. From Nalanda, Bodh Gaya, Varanasi to Agra, the relics and vestiges of Buddhism extend throughout India.Also Read – Rann Utsav 2022: IRCTC Rolls Out Special Package For This White Desert Festival In Gujarat | Details here
But how do you experience maximum serenity in minimum time? Well, Indian Railways has a solution. They have a special luxury train which will transport passengers through different places and cover the Buddhist circuit.
Here is the route according to Incredible India which will pass through some peaceful destinations of Buddhism.
Day 1 : Depart Delhi (Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station in the afternoon) for Gaya. Dinner on board.
Day 2: Breakfast on board. Arrival in Gaya in the morning and continuation to Bodhgaya. Installation at the hotel. After lunch, free day to explore the surroundings. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Breakfast. Departure from Gaya to Rajgir & Nalanda, Lunch, Visit. Depart for Varanasi in the evening. Dinner on board.
Day 4: Arrival in Varanasi in the morning. After breakfast, visit Sarnath, lunch. Visit the Ganges for the Aarti evening. Depart for Gorakhpur in the evening. Dinner is served on board.
Day 5: Arrive in Gorakhpur in the morning. After breakfast at the hotel, continuation to Lumbini in Nepal. Lunch is served in a hotel, after lunch visit the Mayadevi Temple. Dinner and night at the hotel in Lumbini.
Day 6: Breakfast at the hotel, continuation to Kushinagar to visit Mahaparnirvan and other temples. After lunch and sightseeing in Kushinagar, proceed to Gorakhpur Railway Station. Depart Gorakhpur for Gonda in the evening. Dinner on board.
Day 7: Arrival in Gonda in the morning, breakfast. Visit of Sravasti, lunch. Depart Gonda for Agra in the evening. Dinner on board.
Day 8: Breakfast on board. Arrival in Agra in the morning. Continue to visit the Taj Mahal. Depart Agra for Delhi in the afternoon. Lunch is served on board. Arrive in Delhi (Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station) in the evening
What makes this trip special?
• Exclusive train for the Buddhist circuit: The Buddhist Tour Special Train is an exclusive air-conditioned train for the Buddhist Tour destinations and does not carry passengers other than the tourist booked with IRCTC for this special tour.
• Safety on board: Private security guards on each coach for constant and close supervision to ensure the safety of passengers and their belongings. Additionally, CCTV is provided on the train.
• Installation of hygienic kitchen cars and dining cars on board: Passengers can choose from an assortment of sumptuous hot meals (vegetarian/non-vegetarian) and snacks. Packaged drinking water, tea and coffee are available for passengers free of charge.
• Clean and hygienic toilets and showers on board: For the comfort of passengers, clean and hygienic toilets and showers with hot and cold water are available.
• Accommodation in comfortable hotels on the Buddhist Circuit: IRCTC offers accommodation in the best hotels available on the circuit for stay as well as wash and change.
• Insurance cover: All passengers are provided with travel insurance coverage for the duration of the trip.
• Medical facility: In case of emergency, medical assistance can be provided through an extensive network of Indian Railways medical facilities.
Visit the official irctc website to get all the latest updates on this luxury train and make your reservation accordingly.
What are you waiting for? Book your tickets and embark on an experiential journey of tranquility.