Azamara reveals new five-month global journey for 2024 – Cruise Industry News
Azamara has announced the launch of its new round-the-world voyage aboard the company’s latest ship, the Azamara Onward.
Starting January 5, 2024, departing from Port Everglades, sailing offers immersive and intimate experiences over 155 nights in 40 countries and 60 continents, including 22 nights and 27 late nights in port.
“We are delighted to finally unveil our World Voyage. With opportunities to visit the Seven Wonders of the World and other iconic sites such as the Great Barrier Reef, the Galapagos and the Black Sea, we allow our customers to check off all of their bucket list destinations with just one navigation and to connect with more countries and cultures than ever before, ”said Carol Cabezas, President of Azamara. “Not only do we take our guests further, but we also encourage them to travel deeper with our unique overnight land experiences, designed to bring travelers to the heart of the destination and give them ample time to appreciate its culture. “
- Great Wall of China (three-night overland excursion): Travelers will fully immerse themselves in Beijing with a tour of the Great Wall of China, a guided tour of the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, and a rickshaw ride through the hutongs, or alleys dating from the 16th century.
- Great Pyramids of Giza (Shore Excursion): Guests are driven to Egypt’s largest city, Cairo. It is here, on the Giza Plateau, that the Great Pyramids are located, the only one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World still in existence. An Egyptologist will guide guests through this burial complex to the mysterious Sphinx. Additionally, travelers will explore other sites such as the Antiquities Museum and cruise the Nile.
- Chichén Itzá (Shore Excursion): Guests will fly over the Caribbean waters and tropical jungle of the Riviera Maya to Chichén Itzá, where a guide will lead guests through the ruins and immerse travelers in the ancient way of life Maya.
- Petra (Shore Excursion): Guests will cross the Siq, the narrow, winding gorge that leads to the mysterious desert city of Petra, Jordan. Known as the “Red Rose City” for the color of the stone it was carved from, Petra is home to ancient royal tombs, the Colonnaded Street and the temple of Qasr al-Bint.
- Taj Mahal (Three Night Shore Excursion): Travelers will travel to New Delhi for Taj Mahal sunrise and sunset tours. Guests will also discover Agra Fort, the main residence of the Emperors of the Mughal dynasty until 1638, and the tomb of I’timād-ud-Daulah, precursor of the Taj Mahal.
- Christ the Redeemer (six-night shore excursion): Travelers will enjoy a comprehensive exploration of Rio de Janeiro, including a visit to Corcovado to see the towering statue of Christ the Redeemer, a cable car ride to the top of Bread Sucre and a trip to Iguazu Falls to see the Brazilian and Argentine sides of one of the largest waterfalls in the world.
- Colosseum (Shore Excursion): Guests will travel back in time to the world of gladiatorial glory inside the Colosseum. A local guide will lead the small group through the 2,000-year-old amphitheater that once could accommodate up to 55,000 spectators.
Azamara’s global journey includes over $ 22,000 in exclusive amenities, including the company’s AzAmazing evenings – designed to connect guests to the destination’s local culture – $ 7,000 in onboard credit, travel in business class aircraft, pre-trip hotel stay and gala, access to exclusive World Voyage events, premium drinks package for two, and more. Shore excursions and overnight land excursions will be available at an additional cost.