Azamara announces its return to Venice in 2023
Working with local government and port authorities, the independent cruise line will return to the lagoon city with a total of 32 voyages for the 2023 European season
MIAMI, October 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Azamara – the premium cruise line and leader in Destination Immersion® experiences – is pleased to announce the return of the cruise line Venicebeginning April 3, 2023as part of Azamara’s Journey® 12 nights The best of Mediterranean travel. From next spring, the line’s fleet of four ships will sail to the Venetian lagoon ports of Chioggia and Fusina, giving guests a more seamless opportunity to marvel at gondolas, stroll cobbled streets and dazzling. ‘explore Venice with ease.
“Thanks to our long-standing relationship with local elected officials and port authorities in Venicewe are delighted not only to bring our guests back to this historic canal town, but also to allow them to discover the wonders of nearby towns such as Chioggia, which only the smallest vessels can visit,” said Mike Pawlus, Director of Strategic Itinerary and Destination Planning for Azamara. “We look forward to immersing our guests once again in the rich local culture and incredible historical sites the destination has to offer.”
In addition to easy access to the heart of VeniceAzamara’s ongoing search for hidden gems offers guests the unique opportunity to explore Chioggia, which has recently seen an increase in tourism thanks to the boom in bacari, wine and finger food bars along the center channel, Riva Vena. Travelers can enjoy the city’s charming canals, historic churches, beautiful sandy beach and undiscovered landscapes.
Highlights of upcoming sailings to Venice to understand:
- 7-night intensive trip to Italy
- This seven-night Country Intensive® itinerary encourages guests to explore Italy maximum with late nights in Ravenna, Kotor and Amalfi, and one night in Rome, giving travelers plenty of time to explore each destination’s spectacular views, ancient cities, and local culture. Authentic local cuisine, Veneto wine, and towering bridges await you in the charming town of Venicewhere this immersive journey begins.
- 7-night trip to the Amalfi and Dalmatian coasts
- Travelers aboard this seven-night voyage have the opportunity to delve deeper into the beautiful coastlines of the Amalfi and Dalmatian coasts, with four late stays, including SorrentoKotor, Dubrovnik and Sibenik plus an enchanting night in Venicewhere you can people-watch in Piazza San Marco, taste Veneto wines, and admire handcrafted Murano glass and silk panels.
Committed to providing travelers with a more authentic connection to a destination, Azamara offers a range of immersive shore excursions to help guests dive deeper into of Venice local history and life, including:
- An intimate evening gondola ride accompanied by a local singer and accordionist, creating a classic and romantic Venetian experience.
- A motorboat cruise to nearby islands, Murano and Burano, where guests can enjoy a visit to a famous glass-blowing factory, as well as a demonstration of traditional lace-making techniques.
- A guided walking tour with a local expert including visits to the beautiful Church of Saint Rocco and Campo San Poloone of the oldest squares in Venice.
To book an Azamara Cruise, please visit www.azamara.com
Azamara is a premium cruise line and leader in Destination Immersion® experiences. With a fleet of four intimate style ships, Azamara Journey®, Azamara Quest®, Azamara Pursuit® and its latest ship, Azamara Onward, the cruise line enables travelers to reach renowned ports around the world and dock in smaller and hidden destinations. . Azamara aims to change the way you are at sea, through its commitment to creating immersive experiences for guests through longer stays, more overnight stays and nighttime tours for a deeper and more meaningful travel experience. Guests can experience an intimate hotel at sea with included amenities such as gratuities, select beverages, cultural events and can enjoy exclusive loyalty benefits through the Azamara Circle program. For more information, visit www.azamara.com.